I’ve been asked many times what diet plan I think someone should follow. “What should I eat?”, “What should I avoid?” or what I think of a certain diet.
Although I can give my opinion based on what I’ve read, I am not a nutritionist and so cannot prescribe a diet plan, although I can provide some solid pointers 😉 . Although it’s never a one size fits all, I’ve decided to try out a few of the diets I’ve been asked about – at least that way I can give a first-hand account of how it went – the good, the bad and the tasty!
REMEMBER: Always speak with your doctor first before drastically changing your eating habits.
I’m going to work my way through a list of diets, each month or fortnight depending on the diet (as some are for a max of 3, 5 or 7 days). I will have at least a few days eating as normal in between rather than doing different diets back-to-back.
What I’ll be judging
I’ll approach each diet with an open mind and judge it based on:
- Energy levels 💯 there’s little point in a diet that makes you want to sleep all day because you have very little energy
- Body changes 💪
- Side effects 😵 are there any “side effects”…?
- Ease 🤔 – How well would it fit into a normal lifestyle
- Cost 💰 – would it be achievable long term?
- Was it enjoyable? 🙌
- Alignment to its aim 🏹 does it achieve what it set out to?
- and whether I would recommend it 💭
List of diets and their reviews (this will grow 😀):
Are there any others that you want me to try?!
Thrive diet, Chopstick, Clever guts, Men’s health SuperEating, Bluezones, Tea detox, Book of Daniel Bean diet, 7-day green smoothie challenge, Green monster smoothie, Veganuary – Vegan diet, Whole 30, 5 days raw, The Japan Diet, Mediterranean, Collagen, Keto, Celery juice, Paleo, Bro diet, Zone diet, Alkaline diet, Bulletproof diet.